Gaudeamus-Montréal I : Diego Espinosa
Diego Espinosa, award winning multi-percussionist/sound artist, presents works using innovative custom instruments derived from collaborations with composers in Amsterdam, the Hague, Berlin, New York, Montreal, Morelia and Mexico City.
Espinosa has performed on all five continents collaborating with composers such as Pierre Boulez, John Zorn, Steve Reich, John Luther Adams, Kajia Saariaho, Peter Eötvös, Frederic Rzewski and Alvin Curran. Recently he received the Performance Grand Prize of the Tokyo Experimental Festival Vol.8 (2013) for his collaborative work with composer Hugo Morales, featured this evening. In addition to his multiple awards and acknowledgements worldwide, he received 2nd Prize in the International Gaudeamus Interpreters Competition 2009.
This project is made possible thanks to the Nikki Yanofsky Audio-Techica Prize (2013), the Centro Mexicano para la Música y las Artes Sonoras (CMMAS), the Centro de Cultura Digital (CCD), the Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Music Media and Technology (CIRMMT), and the Fondo Nacional para la Cultura y las Artes (FONCA).
• David Adamcyk (Canada / New York) et Diego Espinosa : Six Drawings by Randall (2012)
• Felipe Waller (Mexique / Pays-Bas) et Diego Espinosa : Techua (2012, révisé 2014)
commissioned with the support of FONCA
• Jasna Velickovic (Serbie / Pays-Bas) et Diego Espinosa : sUn (2013, révisé 2014)
commissioned with the support of the NFPK, CMMAS, CCD and CIRMMT
• Juan Sebastian Lach (Mexique / Pays-Bas) et Diego Espinosa : Guajex (2013)
commissioned with the support of CMMAS, CCD and CIRMMT
• Hugo Morales (Mexique / Pays-Bas) et Diego Espinosa : 150pf for body capacitance (2013, révisé 2014)
commissioned with the support of the NFPK and CMMAS